Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Three Stooges: Hollywood Filming Locations
 

Off topic, but crazy cool stuff just seems to happen to you when you live in Los Angeles. I randomly met Jim Pauley today, author of The Three Stooges: Hollywood Filming Locations, while at Just Tires in Hollywood, getting my oil changed and new tires. He was in town from Philadelphia for the Turner Classic Movies festival, and a tire on his rental car had exploded, so there he was. 

He didn't have to go far with his book pitch before I had him grabbing a copy out of his rental car. After flipping through a few pages, I bought it right then and there on the spot.  You should really check out his book, it's AMAZING! Besides, he was a super awesome guy, and I feel like I could have talked to him about old school hollywood forever. Pity my car was ready too soon. I did manage in a quick pitch about my book, Before the Strand, and he seemed genuinely impressed. Hoping that's the general response!

Here's his book, and I highly recommend it if you're a Three Stooges fan!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Three-Stooges-Hollywood-Locations/dp/1595800700

No comments:

Post a Comment